Once upon a time, there was a young woman who had a career as an IT Project Manager and that was fine. She earned a good salary, travelled quite a bit, experienced some exciting times and some miserable times. She achieved some stuff and she failed at some stuff.
Then one day she became pregnant. When she was 5 months pregnant, her husband was made redundant. Two weeks later she too was threatened with redundancy. Her life was most definitely in transition!
It was as if a Pandora’s box of self-doubt, fear and uncertainty had been opened in that young woman’s life.
One day, amidst the uncertainty, she stumbled upon the concept of life coaching. She hired a Life Coach and this is what she wrote to her new Coach before they spoke:
“I am very worried that my life from now on will just be a struggle.”
“I am due to go back to work in October, and I am dreading it.”
“We cannot afford for me not to work, or for me to take a job on a much lower salary.”
She didn’t sound very happy, did she?
She told her Coach what she most wanted:
“1. To find a way of making money that I am passionate about, and that allows me to have time to bring up my son – to achieve that work/life balance
2. To have the courage, energy and tenacity to go for whatever I do.
3. To feel good about myself – instead of constantly being dissatisfied with myself.
4. To stop worrying and enjoy today.“
The above was copied word for word from the original document, in case you’re wondering….
Fast-forward almost 14 years. A lot has changed in that young woman’s life. For a start, most people would not call her “young”! 😉
However, she is in a very different place and has achieved what she most wanted:
▪ She has plenty of courage, energy and tenacity.
▪ She feels good about herself
▪ She is bringing up not 1 but 2 sons
▪ She still worries occasionally, but MUCH less than she used to.
▪ She is able to see the gift in each day, even when there are challenges.
▪ She knows how to live in the present.
▪ Even though she is always too busy, she relishes her life and actually has a pretty good work life balance.
▪ She rarely “disses” herself now. She is much kinder to herself. She is clear on who she is and what makes her unique… even though she still can’t express what differentiates her from other Coaches in 5 seconds!
No prizes for guessing…You might have suspected that this young woman was me.
I am sharing this very personal glimpse into my own life all those years ago because I want to reassure you that, you too can have what you want, be who you want and feel good about yourself. No matter what your situation.
And you can start getting the life you want now, and this is how..
1. Really knowing yourself and being yourself
2. Trusting yourself
3. Understanding what’s most important to you – your core values
And the great news is that I’m going to coach you around these 3 core essentials…
I’ve created this FREE 3-part video “coaching” programme so that you can start with these core essentials and get the life you want, right now. You can start with the first video TODAY.
When you enroll on Self-Discovery 101, you’ll get access to 3 video coaching sessions with me. You’ll also get FREE interactive workbooks to accompany each session. And by the way, the workbooks are GORGEOUS! Just sayin’… !
In each video, I’m NOT going to tell you what to do. But I AM going to coach you. And I’ll tell you why I’m taking this approach – Because coaching you is much more effective than telling you. Coaching is much more powerful than 5 Top Tips, 3 Sexy Secrets or 7 Super Strategies.
This is what my coach approach in this unique 3-part video programme will do for you:
1. Give you space to do some quality thinking.
2. Hold up a “mirror” so that you can see yourself clearly
3. Get you pondering on via a series of incisive questions that will prompt you to access your own inner wisdom (yes, it’s in there!)
Coaching is based on the principle that you have the answers within you, and this is why I am so excited and delighted to bring you this unique programme These questions are designed to help you to:
Once you know yourself, I will ask you questions to help you to start to: LIKE YOURSELF
And once you start to like yourself, I will ask you questions to help you to: ORIENT YOUR LIFE AROUND YOUR CORE VALUES
Once you’ve done this, the final piece of the “self-discovery” jigsaw is self-belief. Which is why, in Video 3, I’m going to coach you through my 10-step process so that you begin to:
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
Self-Discovery 101 will get you to hop off the treadmill and get a clearer perspective on what a successful life mens to you. Starting with who you are and what’s important to you. In turn, this will help you make informed decisions about your life and your career. Self-Discovery 101 is where it all starts…
As you can probably imagine, Self-Discovery 101 has taken time, effort, thought and money to create. By putting it out there, I’m building my authority by sharing my skills and giving people a small taste of what it’s like to be coached by me.
You can do something marvelous that will “pay it forward”, add great karma to your life and that will “thank” me with one simple action. Please share with your friends and colleagues. It’s fast and easy:
You can either:
1. Share this link for Self-Discovery 101 with your social media channels
2. Forward this email Thank you! 🙂
p.s. You can access Self-Discovery 101 video coaching programme for 3 weeks only, so do enrol now.
This weekend I’m hoping to improve my bushcraft fire-lightning skills, roll a Cuban cigar, meet Cerys Matthews, throw an axe, learn the essential parts of a pig, skin a rabbit and listen to Ben Fogle around a campfire.
But most of all, I’m hoping that I can erect our tent by myself this evening.
I’ll let you know what new skills I’ve learnt next week!